by Vanessa Wiarco (my older sister)
5 pound pork butt roast
15 garlic cloves peeled and slightly smashed
1 orange freshly squeezed
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and place roast in large baking dish, with fatty side facing up.
- Pierce roast with a sharp knife in various areas, then insert whole garlic cloves into holes.
- Pour freshly squeezed orange juice over entire roast and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and slow cook for 5 to 7 hours. Every hour, baste with juices that are released during cooking. Cook uncovered for last hour.
- Once roast is ready, remove from oven and rough chop into cubes or shred into small pieces. It should be soft enough to shred with ease.
- Serve over warm corn tortilla and top with cilantro and onion with a side of Red Spanish Rice.