by Stella Mancillas (my great aunt)
3 sirloin steaks cut up into 2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons oil
8 potatoes peeled and cut into small triangles
1 can whole tomatoes (you will only need 2 tomatoes)
1 8-ounce (small) can tomato sauce
3 garlic cloves
½ onion sliced into rings, then halved
Salt (to taste)
- Heat oil on medium-high setting. Once hot, brown cut up steak with onion and garlic.
- Once meat is browned and onions become translucent, add potatoes.
- Using hands, break up and squeeze whole tomatoes into mixture, then add juice from can. Add tomato sauce and mix well.
- Season with salt.
- Cover and turn every 15 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Serve with warm flour tortilla and beans.