4 small cactus paddles cleaned and rinsed
2 1-inch slices fresh pineapple
½ cup sugar (or to taste)
1 small bunch mint stems removed
6 cups water divided
- Roughly chop cactus paddle and pineapple into approximately 3-inch pieces.
- Blend cactus paddle, pineapple, sugar, and mint with 3 cups water on high for 60 seconds.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into large pitcher. You may need to agitate the mixture to let the juice through, avoid pushing through the pulp to keep juice light in consistency. Discard pulp.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups water.
- Chill and serve over ice. Garnish with fresh pineapple cubes on toothpick.
Lola Wiarco Dweck
Lola is a Mexican-American recipe developer, writer, and cooking instructor who loves sharing her culture with the world. Growing up in California and spending summers in Mexico, Lola celebrates her family’s Mexican recipes and vibrant culture through Lola’s Cocina.