Cactus Paddle Agua Fresca | Agua Fresca de Nopal
4 small cactus paddles cleaned and rinsed
2 1-inch slices fresh pineapple
½ cup sugar (or to taste)
1 small bunch mint stems removed
6 cups water divided
- Roughly chop cactus paddle and pineapple into approximately 3-inch pieces.
- Blend cactus paddle, pineapple, sugar, and mint with 3 cups water on high for 60 seconds.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into large pitcher. You may need to agitate the mixture to let the juice through, avoid pushing through the pulp to keep juice light in consistency. Discard pulp.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups water.
- Chill and serve over ice. Garnish with fresh pineapple cubes on toothpick.