{Tres del Mes} 3 Unique Ice Cream Flavors to Taste at Tepoznieves in Tijuana

mexican ice cream flavors, tepoznieves, tijuana, www.lolascocina.com

Nieve de chinelo (top left), higo con mezcal (top right), poblana (bottom
Photo Credit: Lola’s Cocina

As a little girl, one of the things that excited me most about our family road trips to Mexico was knowing that I would be able to taste some of my favorite ice cream flavors – grape, lime, and chocolate chip – at my tía Rebe’s ice cream shop in the small town of Acámbaro, Guanajuato. The three thousand mile journey in a van bursting at its seams with luggage and people (parents and five siblings!) didn’t seem all that bad because there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

Today, the journey for me to indulge in authentic Mexican ice cream is only a stone’s throw from the San Ysidro border in Tijuana, Mexico. Tepoznieves was first introduced to me by my dear friend Arturo, also known as Tijuana Tooty. This gem of an ice cream shop is brightly decorated and houses over 60 different ice cream flavors, many of which are made with ingredients that are uniquely Mexican. The next time you find yourself south of the border, here are just a few of the delicious flavors from Tepoznieves that are sure to delight your palate.

1. Nieve de chinelo. Yogurt ice cream mixed with apples, bananas, strawberries, and honey.
  2. Higo con mezcal. Booze-infused ice cream made with figs and mescal.
  3. Poblana. Tasty combination of coffee, sweet potato, and Baily’s Irish cream.

Tepoznieves address: Blvd Sánchez Taboada 10737, Col. Aviación, Tijuana, near Sam’s Club

inside tepoznieves tijuana from http://sweets.seriouseats.com/2012/11/sugar-rush-boozy-ice-cream-from-tepoznieves-in-tijuana.html?ref=title

Colorful decor at Tepoznieves, Tijuana
Photo Credit: Ericka Jackson at http://www.ejeats.com

To read more about Tepoznieves, click here.

tepoznieves nieves de tijuana: tepoznieves ice cream in tijuana www.lolascocina.com

Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram

Recent Posts
Spicy Red Salsa with Chile Japonés
Red Spanish Rice
Strawberries and Cream
Strawberry Agua Fresca
Chayote Soup
Tres del Mes: 3 Ways to Prepare Chayotes

Tags: , ,

Categories: Travel, TRES DEL MES

8 Comments on “{Tres del Mes} 3 Unique Ice Cream Flavors to Taste at Tepoznieves in Tijuana”

1. EGW
    March 3, 2014 at 8:44 pm #

These ice-creams look delicious! A close cousin to Tepoznieves on this side of the border is La Mixteca in Vista, California.

• March 3, 2014 at 10:21 pm #

The picture doesn’t do them justice! I really liked the cheese ice cream from La Mixteca!

2. zmbrno
    March 3, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

A true gem! With all the flavors they offer, you could have had Diez del Mez! I loved the Ron con Pasas and any of the “Nieves de Dioses”!

• March 3, 2014 at 10:25 pm #

This could have been a 60 del mes! There are just too many flavors that are delicious at Tepoznieves. I’ll need to try the Ron con Pasas the next time I’m there. All of the Nieves de Dioses are heavenly – especially the Serenata de Amor (coconut, pineapple, nuts, and
      cherry).

3. Dariela
    March 4, 2014 at 6:45 pm #

How cool, I need to go next time I’m at TJ!

• March 4, 2014 at 11:41 pm #

Dariela: you definitely have to go. One of my other favorite combos is queso, guava,and maracuyá in a waffle bowl. It’s so good!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Green Chilaquiles | Chilaquiles Verdes | Lola's Cocina - April 9, 2014

[…] Recent Posts Green Cooked Tomatillo Salsa Homemade Guacamole Cucumber Agua Fresca {Tres del Mes} 3 Unique Ice Cream Flavors to Taste at Tepoznieves in Tijuana […]

2. Los Mejores Helados del Mundo | Vida Maranta - August 31, 2015

[…] https://lolascocina.com/2014/03/03/ice-cream-tepoznieves-tijuana-mexico/ […]

COMMENTS

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s