Mango Salsa | Salsa de Mango

mango-salsa

With summer on the horizon, my creative juices have kicked into high gear with all-things-mango on my mind. This is just a taste of several mango-inspired creations that I will be sharing in the coming weeks.

fresh-mango-salsa

I first tasted this mango salsa some years ago when my mother paired it with her famous honey-glazed salmon. It was refreshing both in concept and taste! The combination of sweet mango and spicy jalapeño provides a flavorful respite from the heat of the summer sun. Savor it with tortilla chips, fresh seafood, pork or poultry dishes and prepare to be transported to an exotic island with a cool tropical breeze. Be sure to stay tuned for more recipes inspired by one of my favorite tropical fruits and join in on the mango mania!

salsa-de-mango

Sweet + spicy = perfect recipe for salsa!

Ingredients:
2 large mangos peeled and flesh cubed (mangos should be ripe, but still firm)
3 jalapeños diced (or 2 serrano chile peppers)*
½ small purple onion diced
½ bunch fresh cilantro minced
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 orange freshly squeezed
½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)

Preparation:

1. Mix mangoes, jalapeños, onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
  2. Sprinkle with red wine vinegar and fresh orange juice, then toss once again.
  3. Add salt, cover, and chill until ready to serve.

*Note: You may remove the veins and seeds from the jalapeño or serrano chile peppers to reduce the heat level of your salsa.

Tags: ,

Categories: Featured Recipes, Salsas, Sauces, and Spice

6 Comments on “Mango Salsa | Salsa de Mango”

1. June 3, 2015 at 3:13 pm #

Thank you!

• June 3, 2015 at 4:18 pm #

You’re welcome. I hope you’re able to make and enjoy this fresh salsa one day!

• June 3, 2015 at 4:41 pm #

Sooner than you think 😉 I was actually looking for a salsa recipe, although I was thinking of having both mango and papaya in the salsa.

2. June 4, 2015 at 1:56 pm #

That sounds like a great addition! I love papaya.

3. Lindsay
    October 12, 2015 at 3:47 pm #

I have never had mango salsa before and this was a good first one to try! Thanks for the good recipe I can share with my friends!

4. Lucia
    October 12, 2015 at 3:57 pm #

Nunca he tenido mango salsa antes y esta fue una buena primera en probarlo! Gracias por la buena receta que puedo compartir con mis amigos !

COMMENTS

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s