By Stella Mancillas (my great aunt)
10 bell peppers
1 teaspoon salt
2 pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup onion diced
1 15-ounce can of pork and beans
¾ cup ketchup
1 teaspoon mustard
- Boil bell peppers in salt water until light green. Remove tops (save for later) and seeds, and then drain upside down.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Form hamburger meat into patties, and fry in a pan lightly coated with oil. Once cooked, break patties into small pieces.
- Mix in onion, pork and beans, ketchup, and mustard. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Arrange peppers in shallow baking dish and then fill with ground beef mixture. Cover with bell pepper tops.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.